The Humane Society is a very active and growing organization that plays an important national role in animal welfare and animal control. Some of our accomplishments include:
- increasing responsible pet ownership and reducing the number of abandoned companion animals
- managing the stray animal population on the island by finding suitable homes
- ensuring that all dogs over the age of 6 months are microchipped and registered as required by law
- increasing awareness of humane animal care to the public
- providing relief to animals in distress from man-made or natural disasters
- keep up-to-date on modern methods of animal care and continually improve our programmes
All of these efforts have been possible only with the support of organizations, corporations, and local businesses and individuals in the community as well as overseas donors who have understood our mission and have supported it.